We are looking for graduate and experienced RF Signal Processing Engineer to join our growing space team in the Leicester (UK) and Luxembourg region. Remote work is supported from anywhere in the UK, Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany.
Kleos delivers RF Reconnaissance Data-as-a-Service from a growing fleet of twelve satellites in low earth orbit. Kleos’ proprietary signal processing algorithms transform raw collections from this constellation into products that our customers can use to solve real problems on Earth.
Kleos is seeking an RF Signal Processing Engineer to support the analysis of Radio Frequency (RF) data used to generate the Reconnaissance Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) product range. The role expects participation in the design, modelling, analysis, and testing of all aspects applicable to RF systems and signal processing and will involve processing of signals captured from the spacecraft constellation allowing passive geolocation. Responsibilities include designing signal processing algorithms for development and deployment, executing technical requirement specifications pertinent to RF systems, characterizing RF hardware use, maintaining link budgets, analysing digital signal processing algorithms for passive geolocation, and developing novel signal processing approaches.
Ideal candidates will be team orientated and have strong communication skills. Also desirable is experience in tackling large and challenging projects and writing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years or higher of relevant experience in RF Signal Processing Engineering or a related field
- Masters and 2+ years of relevant experience, or
- PhD and 1+ years of relevant experience
- Programming ability (C++)
- Programming ability (Python, MATLAB, and C)
- Experience in signal processing, design and modelling of RF components, and Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Working knowledge of link budget analysis, propagation effects characterization, and geolocation techniques
- Technical expertise in environmental testing in support of spacecraft components and subsystems (TVAC, Vibration, EMC/EMI, RF Compatibility, Field Test, Antenna characterisation)
- General knowledge of radio related test equipment (i.e. spectrum analysers, vector signal analysers, vector signal generator, and network analysers)
- Working knowledge of antenna theory
Apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter at: [email protected]