We are looking for graduate and experienced Python Software Engineer to join our growing space team in the Denver (US), Leicester (UK), and Luxembourg region. Remote work is supported from anywhere in the US, UK, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, and Germany.
Kleos delivers RF Reconnaissance Data-as-a-Service from a growing fleet of twelve satellites in low earth orbit. Kleos’ proprietary signal processing algorithms transform raw collections from this constellation into products that our customers can use to solve real problems on Earth.
Kleos is seeking a Software Engineer to support the programming of software employed on a variety of applications, primarily in the Data Handling and processing of data for the creation of the Radio Frequency Reconnaissance Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) product range. The role will support software used for flight applications (on Kleos Space spacecraft), backend server infrastructure, security and compliance, and API development. It requires participation in the requirements specification, design, coding, documenting, and testing of all aspects applicable to the software required to reliably process company data. The candidate will join a multi-discipline team working to integrate Kleos’ algorithms and processing algorithms into a software application.
Ideal candidates will be team orientated and have strong communication skills. Also desirable is experience tackling large, challenging projects and writing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Programming ability (Python, C, C++, and/or MATLAB).
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years or higher of relevant experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- Working knowledge of database systems (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL).
- Working knowledge of software revision control systems (e.g. git, mercurial, subversion)
- GNSS signal processing.
- Estimation and detection theory (Least Squares and Kalman Filtering).
- Statistics and stochastic processes.
- General knowledge of digital signal processing techniques.
- Radar system experience.
- Knowledge of virtualisation and containerisation technologies (Hyper-V, proxmox, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
- Working knowledge of web design concepts and technologies (e.g. RESTful APIs, WebSockets)
- Working knowledge of Software Architectures and Designs using UML.
- Working knowledge of spacecraft bus components and/or flight software.
- Deployment to PaaS and IaaS providers (Azure, AWS).
- Scripting and development automation (bash, CI/CD).
- Frontend development experience (HTML5, JS, CSS, Bootstrap).
Apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter at: [email protected]